The Greatest Literary Works

literary works documentation. essay on literature. student paper. etc

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg vs Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Written by son of rambow on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

They were published 200 years apart, but they have a ton in common. Of course we’re talking about Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Elizabeth Eulberg’s Prom and Prejudice, both of which are quoted below. The thing is, can you tell which quote came from which book? Our thanks to Elizabeth for compiling these quotes!



1. “I never realized what a luxury kindness could be.”
2. “Do you really think with your circumstance you’ll be getting other offers?”
3. “Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing after all.”
4. “I have been a selfish being all my life…”
5. “Then I took him in, kneeling before me, giving me the best proposal of all.”
6. “He seemed to be at a loss for words. No doubt this was the first time such a thing had ever happened to him.”
7. “It is your turn to say something now, Darcy.”
8. “I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.”
9. “To not attend would be a scandal from which a young girl would never be able to recover.”
10. “Since the first moment I met you. You have been nothing but conceited and standoffish.”
11. “Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.”
12. “He expressed no regret for what he had done…”


-------
this quiz posted at http://novelnovice.com

Related Posts by Categories



  1. 0 komentar: Responses to “ Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg vs Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ”

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will reply your comment as soon as possible. I wonder if you would keep contact with this blog.

Quote on Art and Literature

    "There is only one school of literature - that of talent."
~ Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)



Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader Or, subscribe via email:
Enter your email here:

Top Blogs Top Arts blogs

Google