The Greatest Literary Works

literary works documentation. essay on literature. student paper. etc

How is literature relevant today?

Written by son of rambow on Monday, April 18, 2011

# I would argue that literature is relevant to today's generation in the same way it was relevant to my own (born in 1970) generation.

Literature has always been relevant only to those who care. Literature has been (at least since my youth) an optional thing. You could easily go through life without truly encountering "good" literature. I think it is the same now.

For those who care about it, literature continues to be relevant. It continues to allow people to explore and contemplate the human condition. That, too, has not changed.

So I guess I don't see a real difference between literature's relevance today and its relevance to my generation.

## I think there are all kinds of things in literature that are still relevant, and if you consider a rather wide range of books to be literature, even more are relevant.

If you read any science fiction, it is still a wonderful place where the moral and ethical questions raised by powerful new technologies are raised and dealt with. These can be particularly helpful to those willing to pay attention to them as our society generally fails to raise these questions and rushes headlong into any new technology without pausing for breath.


### Literature and technology are not mutually exclusive. In fact, with the use of technology, literature can reach a far wider audience than ever. Technology is merely a vehicle - literature is the passenger. Literature remains a great unifying and illuminating force - one of the ways in which we learn and celebrate ideas, share experiences, connect to our pasts, gain insights into other cultures and share in hope for the future.

-----
this quoted from www.enotes.com

Related Posts by Categories



  1. 4 komentar: Responses to “ How is literature relevant today? ”

  2. By Enthony on November 15, 2011 at 9:45 AM

    Excellent article above. May be you need more time to share all the knowledge that you have.
    So, thanks for share this information with us, I always come across this amazing post.

  3. By Anonymous on June 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM

    Ηaνing rеad this I thоught it was really enlightеning.
    I aρpreciаte you finԁіng the
    time and effort tо put thіs infoгmatiοn togеthег.
    I oncе аgain find myself pеrѕоnally ѕpenԁing a signifiсant
    amount of tіme both rеading and leаving commentѕ.
    But so what, it wаs still worth it!

    Feel free to viѕit my ωebpage :: legal amphetamines

  4. By Anonymous on June 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM

    Hi, Νeat рost. Thегe is an iѕsue with your sitе in web
    exρlοrеr, mаy tеst this?

    IE nonetheless іs thе mаrket chіеf anԁ а goоԁ element оf people wіll leave out youг mаgnifiсent wгiting due to thiѕ pгoblеm.



    Alsο νіsit my ωeblog; party pills cheap

  5. By Anonymous on June 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM

    Hеy wοuld you mind stating which blog plаtfoгm уou're working with? I'm planning to start mу own blog in the nеar future but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm lοokіng for
    something cοmρletelу unique.
    Р.S Sorrу fоr being оff-toρic but I hаd
    to asκ!

    Аlso ѵisit my blοg post;
    party pills cheap

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will reply your comment as soon as possible. I wonder if you would keep contact with this blog.

Quote on Art and Literature

    "There is only one school of literature - that of talent."
~ Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)



Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader Or, subscribe via email:
Enter your email here:

Top Blogs Top Arts blogs

Google